Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:08:24 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Arun Welch" <welch@anzus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple devices on the same IRQ?

In message <NDBBIHADDPAMAJLBPGCHKEFFCGAA.welch@anzus.com> "Arun Welch" writes:
: I'm trying to get pccards working on my Dell Inspiron 5000, and I'm a tad
: confused. It appears that the PCIC controller and the ATI display controller
: both use IRQ 11. The LT winmodem and the ESS sound card both use IRQ 5 too,
: but since there aren't any drivers for them that's OK if they don't work
: :-). What's the procedure for resolving this?

No.  You can't run multiple devices on the same IRQ.  Full stop.  It
isn't supported with pccards on FreeBSD right now.  And you can't use
IRQs for hardware that doesn't have drivers.  It just doesn't work.
You have to disable the device completely in BIOS/hardware before you
can do that.

Warner