Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 03:11:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: policy on GPL'd drivers?

In message: <200305281547.13876.doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> writes:
: On Wed, 28 May 2003 15:29, Q wrote:
: > By doing that aren't you assuming that the kernel will be installed on
: > the machine that built it, and not potentially somewhere else? What
: > about sysinstall upgrades that don't require src?
:
: Well, I am not 100% sure how the module building process works, but some
: analog of how it happens for things in sys/modules would be nice..

That is what is happening for the ports (or was last time I looked).

Warner