Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 22:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Jos Backus <Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isa.c DMA mods -> ring buffer problems. (Was: Audiotrix problems)

Well, all I know, is that I had to change dmabuf.c in the snap-0804 sound
source code to the one in snd0607, and revert isa.c from 1.113->1.112
(remove the two DMA lines), or otherwise sound would not
work (this is with opti931).

I don't have the necessary background to judge what is going on with DMA
(although I very badly need/want to learn), or give you an authoritative
answer on whether "broken" or not.

I do however, get slightly bent out of shape when I start to see source
code trees start to diverge, like they now are with sound source as
shipped with the snap, vs. sound source that actualy works...

Argghh. If I only didn't have to drive from the West to the East (US)
coast next week..

Bernie