Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 14:51:48 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppc(4) vs. ppbus(4) module?

So far, I've had

device ppc
device ppbus
device lpt

in my KERNEL file to provide parallel printer support.  Now I've
noticed that ppbus and lpt are also available as modules.  However,
when I try to build a kernel with just

device ppc

(intending to load ppbus.ko and lpt.ko later), the build aborts
because sys/isa/ppc.c tries to include ppbus_if.h, which isn't
available without "device ppbus".

Okay, so I'll just include "device ppbus" again, I guess.  But then,
what's the point of having a ppbus.ko at all?