Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:21:20 +0200
From:      Martin Mazur <martin.m@2.sbbs.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony CD-ROM

Christopher Raven skrev:

> Martin Mazur wrote:
> >
> > Hi, my name is Martin Mazur
> > and I have been running Red Hat a long time now.
> > But when i decided to switch to FreeBSD The installation canīt find my
> > Sony 32x CD-ROM Drive Model: CDU701
> > Still i boot the installation from my CD-ROM.....
> > Itīs conected as secondary master............
> > Please help me I realy would like to use FreeBSD really soon........
>
> Try posting the output of your dmesg here.
>
> --
> [ Christopher Raven
> [ E-mail: c.raven@ukonline.co.uk
> [ ICQ: 2254369
> [ To err is human, to power is FreeBSD

if you mean the error mess i get itīs :
No CDROM devices found! Please check that your systemīs
configuration is correct and that the CDROM drive is a supported
type. For more information, consult thr hardware guide
in Doc menu.

This apperes
after I have whent thru Kernel Config removed all the devices i wonīt be
needing (I have allsow tryed to skipp Kernel config), then entering
installation. After choosing Novice everything is going fine until i
choose media type: CDROM then the message above displays.
( I have FreeBSD 2.2.7)