Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About the panic

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 01:45:47AM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> > Don't wory.  I guess with my dual controllers, that's likely what did
> > it.  I only had ahc0, not ahc1, in my config file.  For some reason, it
> > didn't like that anymore.
>
> Hmm...  I guess GENERIC wouldn't have booted for you either.....

The old generic I had?  Yeah, it probably would have booted, but my last
kerlen.old (which I hastily renamed) booted well enough for emergency
work.

Got to say one thing about these occaisonal panics running current ...
not in jest, they sure do teach emergency damage control.  You become
*real* aware of everything in /bin and /sbin.  Got no complaints on that
score at all, because the panics are real seldom, and if I wasn't
running current there wouldn't be any at all.

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).