Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2014 15:00:01 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/187594: [zfs] [patch] ZFS ARC behavior problem and fix

The following reply was made to PR kern/187594; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, karl@fs.denninger.net
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:56:18 +0200

 I think that you are gradually approaching a correct solution to the problem,
 but from quite a different angle comparing to how I would approach the problem.

 In fact, I think that it was this commit
 http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/254304 that broke a balance between the
 page cache and ZFS ARC.

 On technical side, I see that you are still using kernel_sysctlbyname in your
 patches.  As I've said before, this is not needed and in certain sense incorrect.

 --
 Andriy Gapon