Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:54:42 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

On Saturday 07 June 2008 21:41:18 Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2008, at 2:45 AM, Steven Hartland wrote:
> > You are still fail to take to the time to even tell people what these
> > bugs are, no ones a mind reader!
> >
> > People are trying to help you here but all I'm hearing is a child
> > like "It doesn't work fix it", with no willingness to even explain
> > what it is or provide resources to test if someone found the time to
> > investigate
> > your issues.
> > Given this I don't see how you can expect these so called issues to
> > ever get fixed.
>
> I think you are misunderstanding the point at hand.  I'm not trying to
> address specific issues.  (I'd be happy to in another thread next
> week).  This thread was created to address the overall well-documented
> list of bugs in 6.3, which is the *only* supported stable version of
> the operating system.  (7.0 is even less stable)
>
> The most stable (by numbers of bugs and numbers of reported problems)
> is 6.2.
>
> I see no valid reasoning that can be backed up by numbers as to why
> 6.2 should be EoL.  That's the point I'm addressing.  The specific
> bugs that affect us are not necessarily relevant to the overall
> stability.  And anyone can do the same searches on the bug list to
> confirm these numbers for themselves.

Here is a cluebat for you:

Messages in this flamboyant thread of yours: 113 and counting
Messages in support of your claim not sent by yourself: 0

Now please: STFU or invest your time into something more productive.  By
the way, for somebody who claims to have no time to provide details about
the bugs that make 6.3 so bad you seem to have a lot of time to send
bogus emails (26 since Wednesday).  If you had only spend a bit of that
time into actual bughunting ...