Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 04:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Sergey N. Voronkov" <serg@tmn.ru>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/27495: CVS tree broken

The following reply was made to PR misc/27495; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Sergey N. Voronkov" <serg@tmn.ru>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:02:39 +0600

 On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:43:26PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
 > On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 04:24:41PM +0600, serg@tmn.ru wrote:
 > >
 > > >Number:         27495
 > > >Category:       misc
 > > >Synopsis:       ports tree broken while made cvsup upgrade
 > > >Responsible:    freebsd-bugs
 > > >Originator:     Sergey N. Voronkov
 > > >Release:        FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE i386
 > > >Environment:
 > > System: FreeBSD sv.tech.sibitex.tmn.ru 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #14: Mon Apr 23 13:05:46 YEKST 2001 serg@sv.tech.sibitex.tmn.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SV i386

 > > >How-To-Repeat:
 > >
 > > #cvsup -g -L 2 -p m cvsup.<country code>.freebsd.org
 > > [...]
 > > Server software version: REL_16_1
 > > Negotiating file attribute support
 > > Exchanging collection information
 > > Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
 > > Running
 > > Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 > >  Delete ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files
 > > Updater failed: Cannot delete "/usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files":
 > > Directory not empty
 > >
 > > >Fix:
 > >
 > > Directly CVS tree update need... Please help...
 >
 > What files do you have in /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/ ?

 Here are ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files brokenes related commits:

 eivind      2000/12/15 04:35:53 PST

   Removed files:
     www/jakarta-tomcat   files
   Log:
   Remove erroneous commit of the file "files".

   OKed by: maintainer (DES)

 dirk        2001/05/20 09:07:16 PDT

   ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files - New directory

 dirk        2001/05/20 09:08:16 PDT

   Added files:
     www/jakarta-tomcat/files patch-aa
   Log:
   Give jakarta-tomcat a chance of working with mod_jk.

 dirk        2001/05/21 01:05:38 PDT

   Modified files:
     www/jakarta-tomcat   Makefile pkg-plist
   Added files:
     www/jakarta-tomcat/files patch-ab tomcat.sh
   Log:
   - provide startup script
   - log tomcat messages to a file (logs/tomcat.log)
   - fix plist

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.7       +8 -3      ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/Makefile
   1.4       +2 -3      ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/pkg-plist

 So $(cvsup_basedir)/cvs/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:. contains information about
 deleted ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files, but directory MUST exist and
 containts useful files! This situation can be fixed onto every cvsuping
 machine by removing checkouts and running cvsup again.

 I don't know how to fix this... May be we should post HEADS UP to ports and
 stable lists?

 Serg.