Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:35:13 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   How's current lately for laptops? (was Two questions on Thinkpad T41)

On 8 Jul 2004 at 20:30, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> For what it's worth, I managed to test the other day with two separate T41
> machines (one with help from a local FreeBSD user) on -CURRENT, and the
> machine I was testing on did *not* demonstrate the CD-RW/DVD related crash.
>
> This was based on a simple hard drive swap with my own T40 which doesn't
> have any problems running -CURRENT:
>
> empiric:~ % uname -a
> FreeBSD empiric.dek.spc.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #1: Tue Jul  6 23:17:47 BST 2004     bms@kimchi.dek.spc.org:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/EMPIRIC  i386

Bruce: I think this answers my question.  My ThinkPad T41 is now in
the shop getting a new system board (I hope).  When it returns, I was
considering running -CURRENT on it rather than 5.2.1-RELEASE.  Your
experience above has encouraged me to try it.  I'll cvsup to the
above date and let you know how it goes.... when I get it back.

Anyone else running -CURRENT on a laptop have any
recommendations/warnings/comments?

On a side note Bruce: Do you buildworld on your laptop or another
box?

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/