Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 17:38:56 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
Cc:        Kostas Asvestas <asvestas@sae.gr>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Planet PCI Ethernet Card

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 23:09:06 -0700
> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
> To: Kostas Asvestas <asvestas@sae.gr>
> Cc: hackers@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Planet PCI Ethernet Card
>
> >   So i've checked and i've seen that there is a way to use NE2000
> > "clones" but only in the isa bus.
>
> Well, sort of.  In 2.2 there is detection code for NE2000 PCI clone
> cards, but not 2.1.5.

	anyway, install the card, boot dos, use the card's configuration
	utility to get info on where the card is put by PCI
	(I/O base, IRQ). I've seen i.e. 0x6000 irq10...

	then 'boot -c' FreeBSD and tell userconfig (in command line,
	not in visual mode) where your card lives (ed0 device).

	It will work.

--
		Best,
			Andrew Stesin