Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 22:49:16 -0800
From:      jehamby@lightside.com (Jake Hamby)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, marcs@znep.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD advert

Marc Slemko writes:
> On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Michael Smith wrote:
>
> > Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I haven't seen that yet; where do I look? 8)
>
> To follow up to what I said before, even better... the FreeBSD ad popped
> up when I did a search on Linux.  <g>

That's not a coincidence!  Yahoo's search engine appears to pop up ads
semi-intelligently.  If you search for Linux or FreeBSD, you'll get .. a FreeBSD
ad!  If you search for sex, you get "Create Your Own Custom Hardcore Porn
Channel" or "The Net's Only XXX Search Engine" (I'm not kidding! :).  Look up
"religion", and you get "Bible News", which you'll need after visiting either of
the previous sites, I'm sure.  ;)  Look up "Java", you get a site offering Java
training.  And so forth...

Talk about targeting your audience!  Well, I must admit that's a pretty clever
idea, and I'm surprised that you didn't figure out it was more than just
coincidence...

-- Jake