Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:48:19 -0400
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
Cc:        Alan Batie <batie@agora.rdrop.com>, Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Secure connection

Quoting Wm Brian McCane (root@bmccane.uit.net):

> determined ;).  I was wondering if anyone has a way to do this in FreeBSD so I
> don't have to recommend using NT.  I pictured something like the ipdivert/natd
> combination, except that the daemon I divert to would set up a connection to
> the far end and pass ALL messages along to him.  Any suggestions?

SKIP from Sun Microsystems will do exactly what you want.  Its an
LKM and no kernel mods are needed.  I am using SKIP to tunnel
between two RFC1918 networks that are behind FreeBSD firewalls.

The only problem I found, and it may not be a problem for everyone,
was that SKIP packets were being sent with the source address of
the internal, behind the firewall, RFC1918 host.  I modified the
code to use the interface address the packet is being sent from
for the packet source address.

http://skip.incog.com/source.html

John Capo	                        Embedded Hardware/Software Design
IRBS Engineering                 Unix/Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions