Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 00:52:57 -0700
From:      "N.Villacorta" <fm00vill@facm.ucsb.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, fm00vill@facm.ucsb.edu
Subject:   Which dual Pentium motherboard? Cyrix SMP?

In anticipation of the SMP FreeBSD, which of the following
motherboards would you recommend for a dual Pentium System (all
support PARITY & ECC; and have the revised Triton-II chipset:

a) AMI Titan-III (EISA/PCI) (AMI Bios)
b) TYAN Tomcat-II (ISA/PCI) (Award Bios)
c) TYAN Tempest-II (EISA/PCI) (Award Bios)

I've heard that mixing EISA/PCI can be a "headache"?
Also, anyone know about the Cyrix 6x86 compatibility?
I've heard that the Cyrix 6x86 does *NOT* support SMP?

I'm not subscribed to the list so please respond to
"fm00vill@facm.ucsb.edu" and I will summarize the responses and
post.

TIA,

:-) neil