Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:25:14 +1000
From:      Mark.Andrews@nominum.com
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>, John Hay <jhay@icomtek.co.za>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lptcontrol - still broken

	What we need to look at is why this was not caught earlier and
	what changes in build procedures will make sure problems like
	this are caught by those performing the changes.

	I can see how this slipped through, all that was required was for
	the relevent .h file to already have been installed on the system.

	Looking at the current build procedure there doesn't appear to
	be any effort taken to prevent the compilers seeing the host
	environment of the build proceedure.  The whole point of copying
	all the .h's to a seperate tree is to provide an alternate
	environment.  Judicious use of -nostdinc may be what is required.

	Mark

> At 02:32 PM 7/13/00 +0200, Udo Schweigert wrote:
> > > I think this patch will fix it, but I'm still running a make release to
> > > make sure.
> >
> >My "make world" succeeded with that patch.
>
> For me as well on my two build boxes...
>
>          ---Mike
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@nominum.com