Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:45:18 -0500
From:      Jacob Suter <jsuter@linus.intrastar.net>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and NT

I gotta say one (compound) word... BULLSHIT.  I've ran NT 3.51, 4.0,
both Workstation and Server, and NEITHER have been able to stay up for
more than a week or so with the same amount of speed and stability as
when it started.  I have had FreeBSD machines up for several months and
never go down for anything other than hardware upgrades.  Microsoft is
CONSUMER GRADE SHIT and I wouldn't trust it if Bill Gates begged me to
spank him tell he's raw if I have any complaints...  My customer LOVED
it when I upgraded to FreeBSD on the SAME EXACT hardware I was running
NT on... even on their sorry little 14.4k and 28.8ks they could TELL the
difference when picking up mail, or even simple tasks like DNS.

I don't buy Microsoft, and all of those that have put their ass on the
line using NT and got it burned, probably agree...

Jacob Suter