Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 17:16:25 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KERNEL PANIC in 3.1-stable (take II)

Hi All,

Sorry to those who could not read the last posting. This should make more
sense.
(I was so busy I got someone else to type in the message, obvious they can
not read my handwriting :)

(before you ask I'm running ~ 9 May 1999 3.1-Stable, and Apache 1.3.6 =
httpd )

OK after 4 days 21 hours and installing the option DDB_UNATTENDED into the
kernel I got the following kernel trap. Can anyone read this and tell me
what it all means?

fault virtual address    = 0xf469b2dc
fault code                     = supervisor write, page not present.
instruction pointer       = 0x8 : 0xf0208a9c
stack pointer               = 0x10 : 0xf6d59f04
frame pointer               = 0x10 : 0xf6d59f14
code segment             = base 0x0, unit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                      = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor of lags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0.
current process           = 58364 (httpd)
interrupt mask             = net tty bio cam

kernel : type 12 trap , code = 0
Stopped at pmap_remove_pages + 0xe8 : mov | %eax, 0(%edx)

db>

Again sorry about the last one! I know how annoying it can get when you have
loads mail to filter :)

Greg