Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:18:23 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM Release Generation - (Re: Stable and CTM)

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> Actually, I could in all honesty probably even get the computer and
> network resources together to do this here at freebsd.org (or one of
> our donor-ISP machines), the principal missing element being the
> manpower to care for it and keep it running (as jdp and others do for
> cvsupd, for example).  Mark and Ulf seemed to have it in hand for
> awhile, though now it seems that Mark's back to building them in ZA or
> something without Ulf's ISP resources - I honestly have no idea.  What

Ulf's machine, Mark doing the babysitting. Short on diskspace, but
otherwise works a dream. No CTM meister needed, just a few more
facilities :-).

> I do know is that if someone came forward and said "I wish to be CTM
> meister - I will make sure it runs and be a point of contact in the
> times when it stops doing so if someone will give me the CPU and disk
> resources.  CPU and disk resources are cheap(er) now - if a committed
> and able volunteer became available, I'm sure something could be
> worked out WRT that.

If the CVS tree was CTM'ed before being put onto the CD's (like you
did once-or-twice), it would make my life _vastly_ easier, and this
whole argument moot. I could even build you a special CVS CTM /ab
initio/ delta for the purposes :-).

Mark Murray