Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:46:18 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@lucida.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using stable vs clean from CD

| 	1) CVSUP through all minor version numbers.
| 	2) Clean install through all major version numbers.

You mean from CD?  Or floppy?  I never tried installing with floppies and a
dialup connection because of (a) the time involved and (b) I didn't know how
well this would work with a laptop and PCMCIA cards.

| I'm a fan of cleaning everything out every year or so though, some people
| differ, but this is the way I do it. :)

I like that approach more and more.  I can't see the advantage in NOT doing
this, unless it's some mission-critical app that *absolutely* cannot be shut
down.

jm