Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 08:24:04 GMT
From:      root@generations.stdio.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc/1368: sysinstall bug 0627 SNAP changing release names not passed

>Number:         1368
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       change a release name in "options" does not work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE 062796 SNAP i386
>Environment:

	none

	I often install BIN and MAN dist on a local server and use
	ftp.freebsd.org for anything else I need like packages and such.
	Thus I am changing the release a lot in the middle of running.
	It does not seem to accept the change.

	For this to work you need to enter sysinstall and select the
	correct release name BEFORE trying to switch.

>How-To-Repeat:

	select a media in "Media"
	select a release name in "Options"
	Select packages, get an INDEX ok.
	Switch release name in "Options" to another release.
	Delete the INDEX from the new release.
	Select packages, get an INDEX and you still get the OLD index
	from the old release before you changed.

>Fix:

	I am not sure.
	I think it boils down to once it gathered data it remembers it.
	And if the release changed it will not attempt to go out and see
	if things haved changed.  I did a ktrace of the events and noticed
	that it DID NOT try to cd and open packages the second time.
	It apparently remembered it and used the in memory cache of
	packages/INDEX.