Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:17:46 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft go it right ;-)

"Kenneth D. Merry" writes:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 19:19:52 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> >
> > I don't get it... is this just a way for M$ to tell what OS is running on
> > our machines?
> >

> I think what Guido was getting at is that FreeBSD is number 42, which is
> the answer to everything, or something like that, from the Hitchhiker's
> Guide to the Galaxy.

"42" is the answer to "What is the meaning of life?" (at least for
earthlings). The mice contracted to have earth built in order to
determine what the real question was. However just moments before the
conclusion of the experiment popped into Arthur Dent's head ("what is 6
times 7?") his house was destroyed to make way for a bypass. Then
moments later the earth was destroyed by a Vogon construction crew to
make way for an intergalactic bypass.

Or maybe the mice created earth simply to calculate 6 times 7. Am not
sure, can't find my Hitchiker books, and haven't been able to find it
online.

Don't forget your towel.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net