Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 18:27:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Craig Shrimpton <craigs@venus.os.com>
Cc:        "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Finding interrupts

On Fri, 5 Jan 1996, Craig Shrimpton wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 1996, Garrett A. Wollman wrote:
>
> > <<On Fri, 5 Jan 1996 15:25:01 -0500 (EST), Craig Shrimpton <craigs@venus.os.com> said:
> >
> > > Linux has a /proc feature that allows you to look at interrupts, ioports,
> > > devices, etc.  Does FreeBSD have any such feature?
> >
> > Look at them in what way?
> >

> Maybe I didn't make my question clear.  If I do cat /proc/interrupts on a
> Linux box I'll get the following:
>
>  0: 23226271   timer
>  1:    26330   keyboard
>  2:        0 + cascade
>  3:  3312542 + serial
>  4:      554 + serial
> 10:   312677   3c509
> 11:    53650 + BusLogic 44xC
> 13:        1   math error
> 14:    81460 + ide0
>
> This tells me what devices are on which interrupts and how many
> interrupts have occured since the last re-boot.  cat /proc/ioports
> returns a similar output but IO location info instead of interrupts.
>
> My question is: does a similar facility exist in FreeBSD?

FreeBSd has a command "systat" that does something similar, I think.

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **