Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 06:35:54 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   arts++ and cflowd, for cisco netflow analysis

Hi !

Just wanted to inform you that I just committed two software
package from www.caida.org arts++ and cflowd that are possibly
useful for your business...

From the website:

"cflowd is a flow analysis tool currently used for analyzing Cisco's
 NetFlow enabled switching method. The current release (described below)
 includes the collections, storage, and basic analysis modules for
 cflowd and for arts++ libraries. This analysis package permits data
 collection and analysis by ISPs and network engineers in support
 of capacity planning, trends analysis, and characterization of workloads
 in a network service provider environment. Other areas where cflowd may
 prove useful include usage tracking for Web hosting,
 accounting and billing, network planning and analysis, network monitoring,
 developing user profiles, data warehousing and mining, as well as
 security-related investigations."

http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/cflowd/
http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/cflowd/design/design.html
http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/cflowd/configuration/configuration.html

Currently I only ported the software but actually didn't test,
because I'm pretty busy shortly before holidays. But maybe
this software is useful for you...

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD SMP
Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.html