Date:      Sat,  9 Feb 2002 18:50:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern/34765: Unloading the ipl.ko module will panic the machine

>Number:         34765
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       Unloading the ipl.ko module will panic the machine
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD gallium 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #2: Sat Feb 9
01:18:35 GMT 2002 dom@gallium:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GALLIUM i386

	If you attempt to unload the ipl.ko (IPFilter) module the machine
	will panic. Darren does not reccomend use of the module and so
	problems such as this are to be expected. However I am reasoning
	that if people see that there is a module for IPFilter they may
	attempt to use it. So ideally this module should not panic the
	machine when being unloaded, or alternatively not exist at all.

>How-To-Repeat:
	# kldload ipl.ko
	# kldunload ipl.ko

>Fix: