Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 05:28:39 -0500
From:      Global Internet Shopping Mall <gism@isot.isot.com>
To:        Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Server?

>> >For a PPP server, I recommend Kernel PPP. I've heard it's more >> >>
>reliable, and you can run it directly from init (by editing >> >>
>etc/gettytab) and the users won't have to go through a login prompt.
>
>You can create a /etc/ppp/options.ttyXX file for every tty you have PPP
>connections coming in from and set a different address for each tty.

So something like /etc/ppp/options.ttyc0 below?
crtscts                         # Hardware flow control
netmask 255.255.255.0           # netmask ( not required )
206.24.68.15:206.24.68.100      # ip's of local and remote hosts
domain ppp.multibyte.com        # my domain
passive                         # wait for LCP
modem                           # modem line

Would this assign (.100) to the port ttyc0?  On the domain part the host
name should be ppp?  If so, do I need to create canical name of ppp in the DNS?

Do I also create /etc/ppp/pppserv.ttyc0, /etc/ppp/pppservdown.ttyc0,
/etc/ppp/kermit.ans.ttyc0, and /etc/ppp/kermit.noans.ttyc0 scripts as shown
in doc? One for each ttyc?  Or just one file each and specify all the ttycX
and pppX in each file?

Thanks for help.