Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:00:02 +0100
From:      Juan Jose Sanchez Mesa <juanjo.listas@dobleJ.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BGP4 using FreeBSD

Hi!

(sorry for my bad english)

Currently we have only one carrier to connect to the Internet. Now, we are=
 thinking in add one more carrier, but doing BGP for redundancy and=
 reliability.

We are looking to implement it via software using FreeBSD to replace the=
 expensive Cisco router needed to do BGP.

Searching Google we found software from FutureSoft and from Merit Research=
 (BSD license) that do BGP routing, but we want to know if this really can=
 compete with a complete Cisco (or other manufacturer) hardware solution.

Any experiences about this ?

Thanks to all.