Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:22:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        michael@memra.com (Michael Dillon)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 128k ISDN vs. T1

Michael Dillon wrote:
> If the T1 breaks the telco will fix it fast because T1 is a business data
> service. If ISDN breaks the telco will fix when they get around to it,
> maybe tomorrow or the next day, because ISDN is just a consumer dialup
> service anyway.

It isn't necessarily the line type that determines how the Telco will
respond.  In PacBell land, if you are a "priority business customer"
you get priority service on all your circuits.

If the only circuit you have is a single standard ISDN,
you probably won't be a priority business customer.  On the other
hand a couple extention centrex ISDN group will probably do it.

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com