Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:19:00 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        ericg@chartertn.net
Cc:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@usrlib.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4.1.0 & intel 810 graphics

> From: "Eric Olsen" <ericg@chartertn.net>
> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:38:52 -0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Thanks for the quick reply, Andrew.
>
> I'll give that a try.  I haven't used cvs before, so I get the chance to
> learn many new things :-)

Learning to use cvsup is not using cvs (at least not directly). cvsup
is a separate port. The handbook discusses it in pretty good
detail.

The one common oops is that ports are not tagged from different
branches of the tree. For getting ports, always use "tag=.". The
system includes sample supfiles for stable and ports in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup. You should edit the example of your choice
with the closest cvsup mirror for you location.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)