Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:29:29 +0200
From:      Robin Huiser <robinh@htsa.hva.nl>
To:        Doug Lo <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Root login message, should I care about it?

Doug Lo wrote:

> Hi, folks,
>
> How are you doing! When I use 'root' to login, the screen appears:

> login_getclass: unknown class 'root'.
>
> Then I type password, and it appears another message:

> Warning: imported path contains relative components.
>
> What do they mean? How do I solve them?
> Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Doug.

Hello Doug!

Last minute errata:
-------------------

o login as root produces "login_getclass: unknown class 'root'" on
system
  console.

Fix:  If you have the source distribution installed, simply
      cp /usr/src/etc/login.conf /etc
      otherwise, mount the 2nd CDROM and copy it from the live
filesystem
      (cp /cdrom/usr/src/etc/login.conf /etc) instead.

Greets,

--

Robin Huiser
                                      ,,,

Important Unix command:
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc