Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:12:36 +0200 (IST)
From:      Rami Abu Jebara <rjebara@palnet.com>
To:        N <niels@bakker.net>
Cc:        Andreas Pleschutznig <andy@ple.org>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Load balancing between multiple lines?

Hi

The use of OSPF to do link load balancing is also valid, it has to be
supported on both sides though.

the routing protocol will give equal cost to the links .. packet
forwarding is still done by the kernel.

how this applies to this application .. I think it might be something
that might help.

it would be interesting to this appliction working, from a FreeBSD box
though .. something for all of us.

Regarding the kernel ... I still think it's a bit of an overkill to
rewrite certain parts of it for this application ..  I could be wrong ..
if I am .. I would be thankfull if you point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Rami

Rami Abu Jebara
Technical Director