Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 19:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bruce Bauman <boot@mosquito.com>
To:        portmaster-users@livingston.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   locked-up modem

We are using Livingston Portmaster 2E-30s with ComOS 3.3.1. We have
30 USR Sportsters attached, some 28.8 and some 33.6.

Once in a while, we see a modem "lock up". The symptoms are that all
of the lights on the modem are lit up solidly, and rlogind on our FreeBSD
box eats up a fair amount of CPU. This only happens to shell account
users. Is this a problem anyone has seen before?

It only appears to happen to one specific customer, which seems weird.
Any hints on how to figure this out?

-- Bruce