Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 00:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Howard Lew <digital@www2.shoppersnet.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de, mark@vmunix.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PNP and new Sound code ?

I think the original question was about the new sound code in 2.2-stable
or 2.2.5...  Not current.  Gee, I wish it would have made it in because it
sure appears rock solid stable.  Oh well, I guess some of us audio folks
will have to patch the new 2.2.5 to get working sound then because the
standard sound driver does not work right or at all with most pnp sound
cards.  bummer. :(  2.2.6 maybe?