Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:18:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      rupp@coredump.at
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install problem on AS200 4/166

Hi all,

I am unable to install 4.4 on an AlphaStation 200 4/166 with TGA
card (ZLXp-E1). Everything is fine until sometime during file copy.
The box just freezes, the exact freezing point varies between tries.
Only the halt button gets the machine out of that state.

I tried the following configurations, each with a CD and with the
files on a local ftp server: graphics console, serial console and
serial console on the headless machine (took the card out). And I
tried all of the above with and without soft update. No luck :-(

The box runs VMS and Linux just fine, and it does heavy disk I/O
and network traffic without problem under these OSes. RAM is 256MB.

Any ideas?

Wolfgang