Date:      Sun, 04 Mar 2001 09:21:46 -0800
From:      richard childers <fscked@pacbell.net>
To:        Patrick Clancy <clinamen@gvi.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation problems

It would be useful to know exactly what happens and at exactly what
point things stop.

It might also be useful to start pulling out cards that are not in use;
this eliminates both the possibility of an IRQ conflict, and a
problematic piece of hardware. Start with a very simple hardware setup
and add components until you find what it is that's causing the problem;
you'll be farther ahead on figuring out what the problem is, once you
have it localized to a specific piece of hardware.

-- richard

--
Richard A. Childers
Senor UNIX Administrator

# Providing administrative expertise (not 'damage control') since 1986.
# PGP fingerprint: 7EFF 164A E878 7B04 8E9F  32B6 72C2 D8A2 582C 4AFA