Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2000 02:02:36 +0200 (EET)
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crash in currtprio, after dumping no operating system..

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Vallo Kallaste wrote:

> sheduled to start with idprio 31. I did dump and rebooted, then found
> myself sitting behind my desk and watching No Operating System Found
> prompt. Boot blocks are there, my machine BIOS reports it. Sorry can't
> provide more information as I need to recover first. Anyway, this is very
> strange and I want to warn anybody first. My system is SMP, three
> identical SCSI disks hooked up to the onboard AIC-7896. Three 256MB swap
> partitions, separate root on the first disk and /usr on the striped
> volume.

After some work with fixit floppy and sysinstall I can say for sure the
dump procedure wiped off disklabel and probably some 256MB of following
space. The other two disks have healthy disklabel in place.
The first disk has only bootblocks and slice table now (DOS partition
table). Damn. I'm very pleased that I did backup four days ago..
--
Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee