Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:22:26 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   No more INDEX in CVS [Was: cvs commit: ports CHANGES INDEX INDEX-5]

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On 2004.11.13 12:03:20 +0000, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 10:16:06AM +0000, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:
> > krion       2004-11-13 10:16:06 UTC
> >=20
> >   FreeBSD ports repository
> >=20
> >   Modified files:
> >     .                    CHANGES=20
> >   Removed files:
> >     .                    INDEX INDEX-5=20
> >   Log:
> >   Since INDEX version in CVS is always too old, portmgr decided to
> >   remove it.  You will still be able to build your own INDEX or use
> >   'fetchindex' target in /usr/ports/.
>=20
> I wish we'd had more notice of this so that we could sort out the web
> build ahead of time.

Have you looked more at exactly what breaks?  I checked ports.cgi and
it seems it works for now (probably OK until 5.4/4.11) since it uses
the local INDEX file on www.FreeBSD.org.

=46rom a quick check of the main build makefiles I would say
www/es/ports and www/ru/ports are now broken, but should be fixable by
merging the PINDEX_OVERRIDE change from www/en/ports/Makefile.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV