Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:51:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        sos@freebsd.dk, nate@mt.sri.com, tlambert@primenet.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SUID-Directories patch

> I've had real-life (TM) including a divorce, a 3 year time crunch
> and a startup company,
> to contend with and I think it's a it bloody cheak to bring up devfs
> as a bad thing considerning no-one else has even TRIED to solve the
> probelm it tries to solve, and no-one else has helped either.

Oh, to make this short, I havn't had a divorce, but two kids, a wife,
a fulltime job, a house, two cars, a cat, a garden etc etc so
I know how it is not having the time...

> I'd like nothing better than to have the time to do more on it.
> (which incidentally I am getting a bit of now)

Great!, may I suggest that you use the time to finish DEVFS, and
do it so it can pass a review, then I'll promise you it will be
welcomed with open arms. Dont waste the time by makeing new
halfbaked features, which probably won't get in...

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..