Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:41:53 -0400
From:      "Russell A. Khurshudian" <russell_k@acedsl.com>
To:        "Martin Vana" <martin.vana@vslib.cz>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how to change default editor?

I believe you would set the default editor by changing your shell's "EDITOR"
environment variable. If you are using (t)csh you can view your environment
variables with the 'env' command and set them with setenv. The command would
be 'setenv EDITOR <editor>', where editor would be the editor of your choice
(possibly vi, ee, emacs, etc..). With the BASH shell, you would do
'EDITOR=<editor>;export EDITOR'. Hope that helps.