Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:18:55 +0800
From:      "Ng Wee Yong" <ngweeyong@yahoo.com.sg>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   device fxp cannot detect Intel On-Board LAN

Hi all,

I just install the FreeBSD 4.6.2 - STABLE version. My motherboard is a MSI
845GE Max-L, 1.8Ghz Pentium 4, On-board LAN is Intel 82562.

FreeBSD just work fine accept it cannot detect my On-Board Intel LAN. I
build and install a custom KERNEL with "device fxp" & "device miibus" set.
The new kernel was "make" & "make install" successfully. But it just cannot
detect my network card. The "dmesg" doesn't even show any "fxp" output.

Did I miss out any step? I read somewhere in the mailing list that you can
do some setting in the file  "/boot/loader.conf" file, is it?

Thanks in advance.

Wee Yong, Ng