Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:10:31 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help needed: ALTQ integration into FreeBSD

Julian did some nice QOS work at Whistle that he always shushes
me when I mention it.  You should beat him over the head for it.

It's not necessarily miscible with AltQ, but it had the effect
of controlling the amount of buffer space taken on the remote
end of a slow link, so that a single transfer over an impedence
mismatched link didn't stop all the other traffic, regardless of
the QOS settings.  From what I remember, AltQ had this problem,
and no reasonable way to resolve it.

-- Terry