Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:59:52 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HELP with PPP and filetring, please !

Sorry to ask you, but the archives are not working.

I just can't make ppp and filtering work nice.

When starting PPP with -auto, I get the following msg:

itás strange, since all the filtering is commented !

# ppp -alias -auto mp
User Process PPP. Written by Toshiharu OHNO.
Using interface: tun0
Automatic Dialer mode
Must specify dstaddr with auto, background or ddial mode.
bash-2.01#

My ppp.conf is as follows:

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 disable pred1
 deny pred1
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0M0L0 OK-AT-OK
 \\dATDP\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set redial 5 10
 set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier hdlc LCP IPCP CCp tun
#################
#
#################
mp:

#### Set FILTERing

# Don't keep Alive with ICMP,DNS and RIP packets
#
# set afilter 0 deny icmp
# set afilter 1 deny udp src eq 53
# set afilter 2 deny udp dst eq 53
# set afilter 3 deny udp src eq 520
# set afilter 4 deny udp dst eq 520
# set afilter 5 permit 0/0 0/0
#
# Don't let ICMP packets cause us to dial
#
# set dfilter 0 deny icmp
# set dfilter 1 permit 0/0 0/0
#
#
# Allow ident packets to pass through
#
# set ifilter 0 permit tcp dst eq 113
# set ofilter 0 permit tcp src eq 113
#
# DO NOT Allow telnet connections to the Internet
#
# set ifilter 1 deny tcp src eq 23 estab
# set ofilter 1 deny tcp dst eq 23
#
# Allow ftp access to the Internet
#
# set ifilter 2 permit tcp src eq 21 estab
# set ofilter 2 permit tcp dst eq 21
# set ifilter 3 permit tcp src eq 20 dst gt 1023
# set ofilter 3 permit tcp dst eq 20
#
# Allow access to any DNS
#
# set ifilter 4 permit udp src eq 53
# set ofilter 4 permit udp dst eq 53
#
# DO NOT Allow access from/to my company network
#
# set ifilter 5 deny 192.244.191.0/24 0/0
# set ofilter 5 deny 0/0 192.244.191.0/24
#
# Allow ping and traceroute response
#
# set ifilter 6 permit icmp
# set ofilter 6 permit icmp
# set ifilter 7 permit udp dst gt 33433
# set ofilter 7 permit udp dst gt 33433
#
# Deny dialing for some stupid reasons like DNS LOOKUP, according to
# http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/FAQ142.html#142
#
# set dfilter 2 deny udp src eq 53
# set dfilter 3 deny udp dst eq 53
# set dfilter 4 permit 0/0 0/0
#
# Set log on for trafic. I just don't know where should I find the log file.
#
#  set log +tcp/ip
#

#### End set filtering

 set phone 2541855
 set login "TIMEOUT 15 blablabla"
 set authname loginname
 set authkey passwd
 set timeout 600
 set openmode active
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR
#
####