Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:39:30 +0100
From:      Roy Badami <roy@gnomon.org.uk>
To:        mat@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SpamAssassin 3.0 release

> Thank you for your interest, we're currently in port freeze pending
> 5.3 release, thus the delay in the update.  There is already a patch
> here :
> <http://people.freebsd.org/~mat/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.0.diff; if
> you want to test (and report success or not)... :-)

Found this post by a random web search; thanks for the patch...

Built OK for me and seems to work fine (after very brief testing).

One proviso, though:

In earlier ports (certainly 2.63; not sure if I ever installed 2.64)
the local config lived in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassasin; with this
version (ie the current ports tree with your patch applied) the local
config lives in /etc/mail/spamassassin

Is this a deliberate change?  If so, it could do with a big warning to
the user (and perhaps copying over at least local.cf from the old
location).

    -roy