Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:52:17 +0000
From:      Lee Hanxue <hanxue@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem installing FreeBSD after Linux

Hi,

I have 1 primary partition, containing 4 extended partitions. Mandrake Linux 9.2 is installed over there. Using fdisk in FreeBSD installer, I created another primary partition and tried installing FreeBSD 5.2.1 there.

Unfortunately, the installation process got hung while the installer was "Creating a root filesystem on ad10s3". I waited for more than 3 hours. I selected none when I was prompted to install a boot manager, since I wanted to boot using Grub which is already there when I install Linux.

What did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance.