Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:13:03 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>, Ian FREISLICH <ianf@clue.co.za>, "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, OutbackDingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: questions on development(7)

On 2007-11-14 17:48, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> wrote:
>> I've been using a 'converted' tree for almost a year and a half now,
>> to keep a local mirror of the src repository at `/ws/freebsd/head' on
>> my laptop.  The first clean import of the current tree I am using was
>> done during last summer:
>
> I have seen a few Hg repos although I haven't found one for RELENG_7
> [yet].

I'm only tracking 'HEAD' most of the time, but there are some efforts
underway to convert the history of src/.  One notable example is the
effort to convert to Subversion first, and then use the tags/branches
and changesets of Subversion to populate an Hg tree.

> Also cvs20hg doesn't appear to grok Hg branches (probably because it
> predates them) and it would be Really Nice(tm) if it did.

Both true.  But we are off in a tangent.  If you have interesting bits
about Hg or other dSCMs, please contact me off-list or help us keep the
wiki pages about Version Control up to date.