Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:04:17 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Mark.Andrews@nominum.com
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>, John Hay <jhay@icomtek.co.za>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lptcontrol - still broken

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 09:25:14AM +1000, Mark.Andrews@nominum.com wrote:
> 	What we need to look at is why this was not caught earlier and
> 	what changes in build procedures will make sure problems like
> 	this are caught by those performing the changes.

I checked out RELENG_4 into /usr/src on a 4.0-RELEASE system.  I then
when thru and looked at all the commits I made to 5-CURRENT to make a
list of things to MFC.  I then applied the commits to my RELENG_4 tree.
I did many ``make {build,install}world'' tests.  Once I was satisfied I
had a good stable patched /usr/src, I committed the MFC bits.  I then
checked out a virgin RELENG_4 tree and built and installed that.  I then
reformatted the machine as I needed it to run 5-CURRENT.

Problem is I overlooked the lptcontrol changes (as I also overlooked them
in 5-CURRENT), so they weren't under my name in the cvs-all archive.

Thus, I haven't been able to fully test a RELENG_4 buildworld with the
various band-aid fixes I tried.

Quite sorry.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)