Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 14:56:12 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

>>> invalid opcode said:
 > On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:
 >
 > > for sound well there is only one choice a GUS PnP. Terminal Velocity,
 > > Tv, is much better 3d action game than quake shit 8)
 > > 	Amancio
 >
 > I don't agree. Just the whole concept of Quake, and the fact that it's
 > basically a 3d graphical MUD. You can have huge teams of people, like 20
 > vs 20 in HUGE levels which are true 3d. Sound has form, gravity has form,
 > so does friction. True raytracing. The ability to program all the
 > monsters and weapons. When this thing is done, it's gonna be insane.

Yeah, well I still hate quake (I really don't know why <big grin>) and anything
that I can do to bury it I will.

As for scalable networking for doing not just 20 or 30 people I doubt that they
have the technology.

ID may be the first to come with 3d MUDs however others will for sure. In fact
not too long ago I attended a conference where at least one company was selling
the network package which will enable 3d mUDS.

	Infant Death,
	Amancio