Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:26:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Its arrived

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'll also admit that pure laziness largely dictated my own choice - I
> looked at the NetBSD installation and thought "It's distributed as an
> rz25 disk image... Hmmmm.  How very interesting.  Now where did I
> leave that Digital UNIX CDROM?" :-)

More recent snapshots are available as tar files, too. I've found
the easiest way to install is to unpack a basic system on another
machine, boot the Alpha via NFS, and install on the hard disk from
there.

The most recent snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org is 970423, which is
quite stable.  I've got a more recent one (around June 16th or so)
running on my mail file server at home, which I would be happy to
pack up for you in some format you find reasonable, if you want.
(It will take some time, though; I'm on 166 MHz AXPpci33s and
uploading via a modem.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates