Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:55:35 +0800 (CST)
From:      "Song, Bo Run" <song@www3.nn.gx.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NATD capability

We now have 20 PCs behind a FreeBSD NATD gateway. The FreeBSD box runs
very well. The machine is a PII 266 with 32M RAM, two 10Mbps ethenet
cards, one of which is connected to the Internet via a router through
an E1 line. Now that we plan to add more PCs to the internal subnet,
I'd like to know the capability of NATD.

 1. How many concurrent TCP connections does NATD support? About 64K?
 2. What are the bottlenecks of the NATD's limitation? CPU, openfiles
    or the speed of the ethenet cards?
 3. Is there any way to list the current internal IP/PORT translation
    table?

Thanks

Song