Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2023 06:17:29 +0900
From:      Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com>
To:        Helge Oldach <freebsd@oldach.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lang/perl5.36: update procedure written in UPDATING is not enough

Helge Oldach wrote on 2023/10/22 13:42:
> The point I was trying to make is that p5-* is not even comprehensive,
> as some ports don't have a name starting with p5-. The thing is that
> such ports' files may need to be moved from site_perl/mach/5.34
> to site_perl/mach/5.36 still. Likewise to clean up the legacy left in
> site_perl/mach/5.34.

In Mk/Uses/perl5.mk, it seems that each version is made to be separate by the definition of SITE_ARCH variable.
https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/Mk/Uses/perl5.mk#n95

Then there is the processing related to .packlist.
https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/Mk/Uses/perl5.mk#n288

Here, the paths generated using PERL_VER seem to have the following
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.36
libperl.so.5.36
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.36/man

Therefore, it is sufficient to find a port related to a library that is not the current version and a port related to a file in a path that is not the current version.
So, the command written in my email at the beginning of this thread is needed :)

Regards.