Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:22:28 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Big terminal server

I am thinking about using FreBSD 2.2-RELEASE as a terminal server for 64
modems using Stallion or Cyclades cards. That means there will be up to 64
ppp or getty sessions running. Can anyone see any problems with that? Has
anyone got experience with that many or greater dialup lines?

I have used 32 lines on a single Linux box using Stallion boards with no
problems however all the rest of my servers are FreeBSD 2.2 so I would like
to make the terminal servers the same.

- Ernie.